MEDIA AND SPONSORSHIP
In the lead up to and during the rally itself, we produce high quality photo and video content that we can provide to media outlets to help cover the rally. On the rally we use satellite phones for call in interviews.
For Media enquiries contact Katherine Ferris
Phone: 0429 050 119
In 2017, Mystery Box was the adventure of a lifetime for 300 people from all across Australia and the fifth year of Mystery Box. The journey drove 150 teams in convoy to secret locations across New South Wales, all in the name of a good cause. Five days of adventure through incredible landscapes, dirt roads and majestic small towns took the teams from Dubbo to Tilpa, Cameron Corner, Wanaaring, Glengarry Hilton and then back to Dubbo.
Due to the very unique concept and incredible visual appeal of the event, Mystery Box Rally has received a significant amount of media exposure.
The 2017 rally received substantial media coverage in the lead-up to the Dubbo departure and after. Overall, the rally achieved more than 115 media pieces including incredible support from the Western NSW and Dubbo media, as well as team coverage from around Australia.
Metropolitan, regional towns and cities supported the rally nationally by providing exposure through radio interviews, on-air mentions, numerous print and online media articles.
Some of the highlights of the 2017 media campaign include:
- Radio: 11 radio interviews featuring rally founder James Freeman and team members, including stories on ABC Radio Western Plains syndicated across the NSW ABC network, and interviews with Dubbo FM and Zoo FM.
- Television: Stories aired on Prime 7 Dubbo and Prime 7 Orange with an audience of 40,000.
- Online: 60 online news media articles across press websites. This included online stories in The Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, Daily Liberal, Central Telegraph and Ipswich Advertiser. Interactive social media networks across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram.
- Facebook: Total number of Page Likes – 3027 (422 during rally period), Reach – 87,054, Impressions – 215,080, Engaged Users – 20, 789, Video Views – 29,303, Clicks on ‘Sign Up’ button – 146, Clicks to Website – 43
This exposure engaged not only industry but also consumer press and covered the entire campaign, helping us to raise over $720,000 for cancer research.
Companies can get behind the rally to benefit from its exposure and media coverage in a couple of different ways.
- Sponsor one of the rally teams. This will give you a logo position on their car and on the Mystery Box Rally sponsors page in the website. You can make a donation with this sponsorship that will go to that teams total fundraising amount.
- Sponsor the overall rally. This can provide you with branding on all vehicles in the rally, higher profile branding on the website, social media announcements, PR announcements, branding on our videos and photos, promotional events during the rally and product placement. We will work with you to come up with a package that best fits with your brand and the rally. We will work with you to produce a package tailored to suit YOU, YOUR brand and YOUR Company.